Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, September 17, 2021

stillness

Opening Prayer: “Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)

Scripture: Psalm 46:10

Journal: What is the role of stillness and silence in your life?  How are you longing for it?  How do you try and avoid it?  Why?

Reflection:

     stillness


when i am still
i meet the loneliness
that lies within
and i let it scare me away
from the beautiful invitation
that silence has to offer

for on the other side
of the darkness and fear
lies both light and life
the stillness but a doorway
into a what i most deeply desire
a life lived in you

but only if i dare
to not stop short of it

Prayer

Closing Prayer: “My heart is not lifted up, O Lord, my eyes are not raised too high.  I do not occupy myself with great matters, or things too wonderful for me.  But I have stilled and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.  O Israel, put your hope in the Lord, both now and forevermore.” (Psalm 131:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment