Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, July 11, 2021

wait

Opening Prayer: For God alone my soul waits in silence. (Psalm 62:1, ESV)

Scripture: Psalm 62:1-8

Journal: How are you following God’s leading these days?  How are you following your own?  Will you wait for him alone in silence?

Reflection:


wait

psalm 62:1,5

for God alone
my soul waits
in silence
is so foreign
to my regular
mode of operation

i run ahead
i manufacture
i produce
i initiate
i lead

rarely do i stop
rarely do i sit
rarely do i listen
rarely do i wait

if i claim
that i am
following you
then how is that
even possible

for my life tells
a different story
it shows me that
i am not following you
but following me

how different
would things be
if i only did
what you told me to

for God alone
O my soul
wait in silence

Prayer


Closing Prayer:
It’s funny how my first tendency is to tell you
why I should or should not do something,
rather than to sit in silence and allow you to tell me. 
I must have patience.  I must take time and space
to allow the first wave of voices to die down.
So that my soul might be calm enough and quiet enough
to be able to hear your still, small voice.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment