Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, October 5, 2020

justified

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, please remind me, today and every day, that I have been justified by faith in you, not by my own accomplishments, achievements, and efforts.  Amazing grace, how sweet the sound.  Thanks be to God!  Amen.

Scripture: Romans 5:1-2

Journal: How do you try to justify your existence?  What would it look like to live as though you have already been justified by Christ?

Reflection: “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith. . . .” (Romans 5:1) Did you get that?  We have already been justified through faith (in Christ).  Therefore, we no longer have to try and justify our own existence.  Our worth and our value and our standing are no longer in doubt, so we do not have to live as though they are.  The work has already been done; the proof has already been given.  So why do I still live as though it’s all still in doubt?

Note to self: Stop trying to justify your existence, and start living as one who has already been fully and completely justified by Christ.  Stop trying to prove to yourself and your world that you are worth loving, and start living as one who is already fully and deeply loved.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you that I have been justified freely and do not have to knock myself out constantly trying to prove to myself and my world that I am worth loving.  Amazing grace, indeed!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment