Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, August 19, 2019

weakness

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, remind me today that your grace is sufficient for me.  Help me to be brave enough to operate out of my weaknesses, that your power might have room to move and to work.  Amen.

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Journal: What do you do with your weaknesses?  How do you deal with them?  What does Jesus ask you to do with them?  Will you do that today?

Reflection:
Jesus: “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
Me: “Oh Yay!  Oh no!”
Jesus:  “Haha.  Why oh no?”
Me:  “Because I hate my weaknesses.  I try to hide them from everybody.”
Jesus: “I know you do.”
Me: “Then why is your power made perfect in my weakness?  Why not in my strength?  That would make a whole lot more sense, wouldn't it?
Jesus:  “Maybe to you it would.  But I know you all too well.  I know that your strengths often get in the way of what I am actually trying to do.  I have to get you to the end of your strength, so you can learn to trust in mine.  When you are weak, your self is out of the way and there is space for me to move and to act.”
Me: “So when I operate only out of my strengths it can actually hinder your strength and your power from being on full display?”
Jesus: (with a smile) “Yep.  When you finally learn that this life is about me and not about you, then we’re getting somewhere.”

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, as much as I would like for everyone to believe that I am big and strong and gifted and adequate, I am not.  It is your strength that really gets the work of the Kingdom done, not mine.  Help me to remember that.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment