Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, March 7, 2019

at just the right time

Opening Prayer: Thank you, Lord Jesus, that your timing is always just the right time.  Help me to trust that today and every day.  Amen.

Scripture: Romans 5:6

Journal: Where and how are you struggling with God’s timing these days?  What is it doing in your heart?  What is it causing in your life?  How will you submit to his timing?

Reflection: At just the right time.  What a loaded phrase.  And one I struggle with pretty regularly.  You see, my definition of the right time and God’s definition of the right time are often very different from each other.  And when they are, how do I respond?  Do I demand and control and manipulate?  Do I sulk and whine and complain?  Or do I worry and fret and agonize?  Am I be filled with fear and doubt or am I filled with faith and trust?  
     As hard as it is for me to admit at times, God is the only one who always does things at just the right time.  When will I ever learn?  When will I finally get on board with his plans, rather than trying to push my own?
     We cannot dictate the timing of how or when God will act, we can only be sure that he will.  And if we can let go of trying to manipulate and control that, life will be much more enjoyable in the meantime.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to let go of my plans and schemes and agendas, and help me to embrace yours, whatever they may be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment