Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, February 24, 2019

open the door

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, this very day you stand at the door of my heart and knock.  The question is, will I hear your knock, open the door, and let you in?  For if I will, you promise to come in and be with me, and I with you.  And that is really what my heart is most deeply longing for.  Give me the grace and the courage and the strength to open the door for you today.  Amen.

Scripture: Revelation 3:19-20

Journal: What would it look like for you to open the door for Jesus today?  What would it mean in your life?  How would it change you?  How would it change what you are going through?  Will you open the door and let Jesus come in?

Reflection: All too often I am looking for resolution rather than communion.  I am wanting Jesus to fix it rather than enter into it.  I am looking for a way out or a way through instead of looking for him.  Maybe that is why I don’t open the door.  Maybe I am so busy putting my head down and trying to muscle through, or racking my brain trying to find a way out, that I never respond to the knock and simply open the door so Jesus can come in and be with me in the midst of the chaos.  That is his invitation.  He doesn’t promise to resolve, or to help us avoid or escape, but only to be present with us in whatever we may be going through.  But we have to open the door.

Prayer

Closing Prayer:  Come on in, Lord Jesus.  Come into my heart and my life this day and embrace me with your love and your presence.  Come in, Lord Jesus!  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment