Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

testify

Opening Prayer: May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you.  (Psalm 33:22)

Scripture: John 5:31-40

Journal: How do you try to testify about yourself?  How does that work out?  What does God say about you?  Rest in that.

Reflection: If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid.  There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is valid. (John 5:31-32)
    I don’t know about you, but it seems like my life is one long case of me trying to testify for myself; constantly trying to make an argument that I am worth loving.  The burden of proof being on me.  But it is not.  I love that Jesus understood this—and longs for us to understand it as well.  The burden of proof has already been satisfied.  It is what God says about us, not what the world says, that counts.  God’s passionate, extravagant, unfailing love for you and for me is all the proof we need.  We are valuable.  We are worth loving.  Case dismissed.  Thanks be to God!

Prayer

Closing Prayer: O Lord, why do I constantly feel the need to prove to myself and to my world that I am worth loving, when you have already called me your Beloved?  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment