Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, July 8, 2017

dream

Opening Prayer: When the Lord brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed.  Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy.  Then it was said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.”  The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.  (Psalm 126:1-3, NIV)

Scripture: Psalm 126:1-3

Journal: Do you have dreams for your life?  What do you dream about?  What dreams do you have for your life with God?  What dreams does he have for you?  How do those dreams effect your life?

Reflection: I don’t dream enough.  I’d like to, I really would.  But somehow I get so busy managing and controlling and manipulating and surviving this life that I just forget.  And that is really sad.  It is sad because dreams are the things that life is made of.  Dreaming is what gives breath and fresh wind, energy and vitality to this life we live in Christ.  Dreams put a spring in our step and joy in our hearts.  They fill our mouths with laughter and our souls with hope and joyful expectation.  They make us live our lives on tiptoe.
    Our dreams—or more correctly, God’s dreams in us—are so vital to our souls.  They are the things that nourish and enliven us.  They are the things that give fuel and energy to our prayers.  The dreams that God dreams in us are intended to give our lives direction and vision and purpose.  But, unfortunately, we are often led by our fears and anxieties instead.
     What are your dreams these days?  Sit down and spend some time with that.  Ask God to dream his dreams in you, to show you his deepest dreams for you.  Then order your life according to what he says.  You won’t regret it.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to be led this day by my dreams instead of my fears.  Show me what your dreams are for me, and help me to be led by them.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment