Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

ask, seek, knock

Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, as I come to you today, fill my heart and my whole being with the wonder of your presence.  Help me to be open to you for this time as I put aside the cares of this world.  Fill my mind with your peace, your love.  Amen. (Sacred Space 2016)

Scripture: Matthew 7:7-12

Journal: What is the difference between ask, seek, and knock?  Which one best describes your prayer life?  What about the other two?  Where would God love to see you growing in your practice of prayer?

Reflection: Keep on beating the path of God’s door, because the one thing you can be sure of is that down the path you beat with even your most half-cocked and halting prayer the God you call upon will finally come, and even if he does not bring you the answer you want, he will bring you himself.  And maybe at the secret heart of all our prayers that is what we really are praying for. (Wishful Thinking by Frederick Buechner)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, teach us to ask, to seek, and to knock.  For we do not even know how to pray as we ought.  Pray yourself in us.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment