Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, August 8, 2013

listening to God, day 4

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer:
Speak, O Lord, as we come to You, to receive the food of Your holy word.  Take Your truth, plant it deep in us; shape and fashion us in Your likeness, that the light of Christ might be seen today, in our acts of love and our deeds of faith.  Speak, O Lord, and fulfill in us all your purposes, for Your glory. (Speak O Lord by Stuart Townend, Keith Getty)

Psalm for the Week: Psalm 19

Scripture for the Day: Ecclesiastes 5:1-7

Reading for Reflection:

In Jesus we have a master to whom we do not sufficiently listen.  He speaks to each heart the word of life, the only word, but we do not listen.  We want to know what he is saying to others, and do not listen to what he is saying to us.  We are not sufficiently attuned to that transcendental being imparted to all things by divine action. (The Sacrament of the Present Moment by Jean-Pierre De Caussade)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Song for the Week: I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say


I heard the voice of Jesus say,
“Come unto Me and rest;
Lay down, O weary one lay down,
Your head upon My breast.”
I came to Jesus as I was,
So weary, worn and sad;
I found in Him my resting place,
And He has made me glad.


I heard the voice of Jesus say,
“Behold I freely give
The living water; thirsty one,
Stoop down and drink, and live.”
I came to Jesus, and I drank
From that life-giving stream
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
And now I live in Him.

 
I heard the voice of Jesus say,
“I am this dark world’s light;
Look unto Me, thy morn shall rise,
And all thy days be bright.”
I looked to Jesus, and I found
In Him my star, my sun;
And in that light of life I’ll walk
’Til pilgrim days are done.
 


Closing Prayer:
Bless with your presence my life and ministry all this day long and when night comes grant your servant rest and peace.  Amen. (A Guide to Prayer for Ministers and Other Servants)

No comments:

Post a Comment