Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, April 12, 2013

wholeness, day 6

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer:

Gracious and loving God, you know the deep inner patterns of my life that keep me from being totally yours.  You know the misformed structures of my being that hold me in bondage to something less than your high purpose for my life.  You also know my reluctance to let you have your way with me in these areas.  Hear the deeper cry of my heart for wholeness and by your grace enable me to be open to your transforming presence.  Lord, have mercy. (Invitation to a Journey by M. Robert Mulholland Jr.)

Psalm for the Week: Psalm 122

Scripture for the Day: Psalm 23:1-6


Reading for Reflection: 

Think of Jesus’ words to the disciples, “Peace (shalom) be with you” (John 20:19).
     Focus on the word peace.  It means wholeness and well-being.  The presence of the living Christ is speaking and breathing well-being and wholeness in the very center of your fear, your vulnerable place.  Stay in this living presence of the shalom as long as it seems right to you.  Let your vulnerable, defended place breathe it in. (Feed My Shepherds by Flora Slosson Wuellner)


Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Song for the Week: Heal us, Emmanuel
 
Chorus: Heal us, Emmanuel, here we stand
Waiting to feel Thy touch
To deep wounded souls reach forth
Thy hand Oh Savior, we are such
 
Our faith is feeble, we confess
We faintly trust Thy word;
But will You pity us the less?
Be that far from You Lord!
(Repeat chorus)
 
Remember him who once applied
With trembling for relief;
"Lord, I believe," with tears he cried;
"O help my unbelief!"
(Repeat chorus)
 
She, too, who touched you in the press
And healing virtue stole,
Was answered, "Daughter, go in peace;
Thy faith has made thee whole."
(Repeat chorus)
 
Like her, with hopes and fears we come
To touch You if we may;
O send us not despairing home;
Send none unhealed away.
(Repeat chorus)


Closing Prayer:
My God, I wish to give myself to thee.  Give me the courage to do so.

                                                             ~Francois Fenelon

No comments:

Post a Comment