Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, September 14, 2012

letting go, day 5

Come to Stillness:
Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer:
Take, Lord, and receive all that I am and have. You’ve given it all to me; I give it all back to you. Do with me as you want. Just give me your love and your grace and that’s enough. ~St. Ignatius

Psalm for the Week: Psalm 130

Scripture for the Day: Philippians 3:1-14

Reading for Reflection:


To struggle used to be

To grab with both hands
            and shake
            and twist
            and turn
and push
and shove and not give in
But wrest an answer from it all
As Jacob did a blessing

But there is another way
To struggle with an issue, a question-
Simply jump
            off
                 into the abyss
                 and find ourselves
                        floating
                        falling
                        tumbling
                        being led
                 slowly and gently
                 but surely
                 to answers God has for us-
                 to watch the answers unfold
                 before our eyes and still
                 to be part of the unfolding.
But, oh!  the trust
necessary for this new way!
Not to be always reaching out
For the old hand-holds.
                       A New Way of Struggling by Susan W. N. Ruach

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself

Song for the Week: I Lift My Hands

I lift my hands to the coming King
To the great I Am, to you I sing
For you’re the One that reigns within my heart

I will serve no foreign gods,
nor any other treasure
For you are my heart’s desire,
your Spirit without measure
Unto you I will bring my sacrifice


Closing Prayer:
Lord God, be the delight of our hearts, even as we are the delight of yours. And help us to leave behind all thoughts, actions, and attitudes that do not reflect the beauty of that delight. May everything else pale in comparison with the passion we have to be truly yours. In the name of Jesus. Amen. (JLB)

No comments:

Post a Comment