Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

a new thing

Opening Prayer: Lord, thank you that you are always at work within and around us, whether we can perceive it or not.  Help us to pay careful attention today, so that we do not miss what you are up to.  Amen.

Scripture: Isaiah 43:18-19

Journal: What new thing is God doing in you these days?  What is he doing new within you?  What is he doing new around you?  How is he inviting you into that?

Reflection: See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." ~Isaiah 43:19

God: I am doing a new thing, something deep in your heart and soul.  Something so deep that you may not even be able to perceive it yet, but it is there.  I am waking something up in you.  I am coming alive in you in some brand new way.  All you have to do is pay attention, be open, make room for it to grow and take root, and then fully receive it.  I will do the rest.  What do you think about that?

Me: Yes, please!

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Be born in us anew today, O Lord, that we might become more and more the people you long for us to be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment