Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Friday, September 7, 2018

silence

Opening Prayer: For God alone my soul waits in silence. (Psalm 62:1, ESV)

Scripture: Psalm 62:1-6

Journal: What role does silence play in your spiritual journey?  How might the practice of silence nurture the life of God within you?  When, where, and how will you incorporate some silence into your life?

Reflection:

     silence

there is a pattern
woven into the 
fabric of creation

first silence
then God speaks
and finally
things are set 
into motion

why then
do we so often
start with action
rather than silence

action taken
without silence
is action taken
out of context

words spoken
without silence
are words spoken
out of context

for God alone
my soul waits
in silence

may that be true 
of me today 
O Lord

Prayer

Closing Prayer:  For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. (Psalm 62:5, ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment