Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

nothing

Opening Prayer:  Lord Jesus, help me to always remember your example, that the way to becoming something is by making ourselves nothing—for you.  Give us the grace and the courage to do as you did.  Amen.

Scripture: Philippians 2:5-11

Journal: ow are you trying to make yourself something these days?  What would it look like to make yourself nothing for Jesus?  Will you?

Reflection:

     irony

it is indeed
a sad irony
that i spend
most of my days
believing i’m nothing
but desperately trying
to become something

while God says
i am something 
who constantly needs
to make himself nothing

yet the only way
i can make myself nothing
is to truly believe
that You say
i am something

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to follow you by making myself nothing, that you might be seen as the Ultimate Something.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment