Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Thursday, January 28, 2016

free, thursday

Thursday, January 28

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to live this day as a son/daughter rather than a slave.  Through the power of your Spirit.  Amen.

Scripture: Galatians 5:13-15

Journal: What does it mean to be called to freedom?  How are you using your freedom to love and serve others?

Reflection:
 
     O Lord my God, help me not to live as a slave this day.  For I live as a slave when I start living in fear of what might happen.  I live as a slave when I live my life afraid that I do not have what it takes, that I don't measure up, that I am not enough, that I am of no value.  Then I become a slave not only to fear, but a slave to circumstance, a slave to comparison, a slave to competition; a slave to affirmation, achievement, and applause.  That is when I must cling to the truth that I am a son; your beloved son.  You delight in me.  Then, and only then, will I be free.  Free to live as you live and free to love as you love.  Lord Jesus, help me to love like you today.  Rid my heart of all that is not love.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: My chains are gone, I've been set free.  My God, my Savior has ransomed me.  And like a flood His mercy reigns, unending love, amazing grace.  Amen. ~Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment