Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

gomer

Opening Prayer: Forgive me, O God, when I offer my affections to things that are not worthy of them.  Forgive me when I set out in search of affirmation and attention from others, when you are the only true source of both.  Set my affections, O my God, on you first, for only then will they be rightly ordered.  Amen.

Scripture: Hosea 1:1-11, 3:1-3

Journal: What is the main target of your attention and affection these days?  How do these verses speak to that?  How will you my God your first and truest affection in the days ahead?

Reflection: We all, like Gomer, are guilty of leaving our One True Love for the company of less wild lovers.  We all have prostituted ourselves.  We have traded the Sacred Romance in for some cheap imitation that can never satisfy the deepest longings of our hearts.  But, even still, God never gives up on us.  His love is undying and unfailing.  He never ceases his relentless pursuit of us.  His heart will simply not allow it.  Even though I continually chase after the affirmation and attention of others, he continually chases after me.  O God, thank you that you love me that much!

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Forgive me, O God, when I run to others before I run to you.  Forgive me when you are not the first object of all my affections.  Forgive me when I try to make people think I’m awesome before I try to make them think you’re awesome.  Be my first and truest affection this day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment