Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, September 10, 2017

consumed

Opening Prayer: So many things, Lord Jesus, are vying for my attention and affection this day.  Help me to give all of myself fully to you this day.  Amen.

Scripture: Luke 10:38-42

Journal: What are you consumed by these days?  What is that producing within you?  How can you become consumed with Jesus instead?  What does that look like?

Reflection: Martha and Mary were consumed.  One was consumed with all that needed to be done, and the other was consumed with the One who had just come into their home.  One was filled with anxiety and frustration, and the other was filled with a sense of wonder and awe and delight.  One was totally overwhelmed by the demands that were upon her, and the other was overwhelmed with the Person that was before her.
     There is a key lesson here: Whatever you are consumed by is what will grow larger and larger within you.  It is just a part of being human.  Each of us will be full of that which he or she is continually focused on.  If I am focused on myself and my circumstances, I will be full of my own anxieties, agendas, and frustrations.  But if I am focused on Jesus, I will be full of peace and joy and love.  Martha was consumed with worry, and Mary was consumed with Jesus.  Which one would you prefer?

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to sit at your feet this day and listen to what you have to say.  Then let that determine what I will do, and how I will do it.  I want to be consumed with you, not consumed with myself.  Help me to do just that.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment