Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

with us

Opening Prayer: O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. (Psalm 139:1-6)

Scripture: Psalm 139:7-18

Journal: What does Psalm 139 stir within you today?

Reflection: Prayer is not a matter of waking up God or making God pay attention to us. God is always with us, in us, around us, under us, over us. God’s presence pervades the universe, and that presence is personal. God loves each of us all the time. The problem has to do with us and our ability to quell the noise that goes on constantly in our minds…So we need to learn to focus on God, to rest in God, to listen to God. Prayer is all about getting through the barriers that keep us from God…In the end, it is God who does the praying. God enfolds us in his love and care in ways that connect with our deepest needs and our deepest wishes. (Meditative Prayer: Entering God’s Presence by Richard V. Peace)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! (Psalm 139:23-24)

2 comments:

  1. Thank, Jim - as always, when I need a word, it is there!
    Please lift up Cherokee County Georgia Young Life as we prep for our first year back into the fold and our first summer camp (in many years).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to hear! Will be praying for summer camp and all that follows. Thanks for doing what you do!

    ReplyDelete