Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

trinity

Opening Prayer: Most holy and adorable Trinity, one God in three Persons, I believe that you are here present; I adore you with the deepest humility, and render to you, with my whole heart, the homage which is due to your sovereign majesty. O my God, I most humbly thank you for all the favors you have bestowed upon me to the present moment. I give you thanks from the depth of my heart that you have created me after your own image and likeness, that you have redeemed me by the precious blood of your dear Son, and that you have preserved me and brought me safe to the beginning of another day. I offer to you, O Lord, my whole being, and in particular all my thoughts, words, actions and sufferings of this day. I consecrate them all to the glory of your name, beseeching you that through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Savior, they may all find acceptance in your sight. May your divine love animate them, and may they all tend to your greater glory. ~A Morning Prayer to the Trinity

Scripture: John 17:20-23

Journal: How do you feel about this prayer that Jesus prays for you?  How is it playing out in your life?  How is the Trinity a model for the life God desires for us and among us?

Reflection: Out of the overflow of Divine Love we were dreamt into being, in order that we might participate in the intimacy and affection of the Trinity.  In the words of Paul Marechal: "The Trinity is a round dance in which Love flames forth from one Person to the Other in a flow that never ceases.  The Father is One and his Dance is Three: Love flaming out of the Silence of the Secret One, and returning to Abba in one concurrent, timeless motion—in the embrace of the Spirit."  This is the life Jesus is praying for in and among us, a life of intimate union with God and with one another.  Why would we settle for anything less?  It is by seeing and tasting this life within and among us that people will believe.  As we dance with God, and dance with each other, the world around us will be drawn into this intimate, beautiful mystery.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Enable me today, O God, to join the Divine Dance of the Trinity.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment