Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, November 21, 2015

the beatitudes, saturday

Saturday, November 21

Opening Prayer: Lord Jesus, Prince of Peace, help me this day to experience the peace that only you can give, so that I may help spread that peace, and pass that peace, and make that peace wherever I may go.  For when peacemaking becomes my vocation, then I can rest in your presence and your peace as your son.  Amen.

Scripture: Matthew 5:9 

Journal: What is a peacemaker?  What does it look like in our world?  Why do you think peacemakers will be called sons of God?  Could it be because that is what their Father looks like?  What would it look like in your life to be a peacemaker?  What are the situations in your life that need someone to speak, or make, or bring peace?

Reflection:
 
What we are called to is a life of peacemaking in which all that we do, say, think, or dream is part of our concern to bring peace to this world,” he explained. “Just as Jesus’ command to love one another cannot be seen as a part-time obligation, but requires our total investment and dedication, so too Jesus’ call to peacemaking is unconditional, unlimited, and uncompromising. None of us is excused! Peacemaking is a full-time vocation that includes each member of God’s people. (Peacework by Henri Nouwen)

Peacemaking belongs to the heart of our Christian vocation.  Peacemaking is a full-time task for all Christians.  Peacemaking has become the most urgent of all Christian tasks. (Peacework by Henri Nouwen)

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Oh Lord God, Today I am called to be a peacemaker, but I am unfit for the task.  By nature I am a peace-faker and a peace-breaker, so I myself need help.  Others ask me to understand and guide them, but my ears are dull, my eyes are dim,
and I lack the wisdom they need.  But you, Lord, have all they need, so I come to you for supply.  Make me fit for your purposes, so I might serve them and honor you.  Cleanse me from my own sin so I will not add to their problems; take the logs from my eyes, so I can remove the specks from theirs.  Fill me with your Spirit so they may benefit from your fruit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  Give me wisdom from above so I might be pure and peace-loving, considerate and submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. ~Ken Sande

No comments:

Post a Comment