Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, May 11, 2015

encounter, monday

Monday, May 11

Opening Prayer: O God of Jacob, thank you that once you get your hands on us, you will not let us go until you have accomplished your purposes in us.  Help us to not let go until we have wrestled away the blessing that you are dying to give us.  Thank you that you care enough for us to wrestle with us; to wrestle the old name we have lived by away, and to give us a brand new name, a new identity, as your Beloved.  Amen.

Scripture: Genesis 32:22-32

Journal: What part of this encounter with God speaks most deeply to you right now?  In what ways are you wrestling with God these days?  What do you think is God’s intent in that?  How does he long to change you?  How might a limp be a part of that?

Reflection:

     the limp 

i walk with a limp
a true thing of beauty
that came about
when you took me to the ground
wrestling and struggling
when you tore me to pieces
that you might make me whole
 
thank you
for loving me
too much to allow me
to continue to live by a false name
to continue to be someone
other than the one
you created me to be
 
that you would care enough
to wound me
your beloved
that i might live truly
and become my truest self
makes this limp
a true thing of beauty
a living reminder
of your great affection

Prayers

Closing Prayer: O God, up until this day I have been known as Heel Grabber, Deceiver, and have lived my life in just that way.  That was before you got your hands on me.  That was before you wrestled my old name away and gave me a brand new one—Israel.  And as I slowly limp away from this place, Peniel, I will forever remember what happened to me here.  For, from this day forward, my life will never be the same.  Thank you for that.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment