Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

the dance, wednesday

Wednesday, April 22

Opening Prayer: Lord God, Creator of all, let us praise you this day with all that we are.  Let everything that has breath praise you!  Praise the Lord!

Scripture: Psalm 150:1-6

Journal: What do you want to praise God in (v. 1) today?  What do you want to praise God for (v. 2) today?  What do you want to praise God with (v. 3-6) today?

Reflection: Keep risking that your heart’s desire is trustworthy.  There is always another, deeper step you can take toward more complete trust, a more all-encompassing possibility of love.  It will be this way until consecration becomes as ordinary and natural as breathing, until every act of every day is simply sacred, until there is no more separation of life from prayer, until each precious moment, awake and asleep, is consciously, knowingly infused with love, until compassion reigns and justice pervades all things, and until life becomes what it was meant to be: sheer enjoyment and pure dancing in the spaciousness of Love. (The Awakened Heart by Gerald G. May)

Prayers

Closing Prayer:

In darkness and light
You follow me.
In my sighs and cries
You hold my hand.
In my anger and despair
You show me the way out.
In my own poverty as human
You send me angels to guide.

You dance with me
each day and night
Though I dance awkwardly,
You continue to coach me.
In my ripples of joy
I hear you laugh.

Thanks for dancing with me
You, the love of my life,
You, my Creator, Redeemer,
my Savior, Refuge and Rock!

I have kept on running
away from you
But you caught me
by your strong hands
asking me only
to dance with you.

~Elizabeth Padillo Olesen

No comments:

Post a Comment