Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, April 4, 2015

holy saturday

Holy Saturday, April 4

Opening Prayer: The crucified body of Your Divine Son was laid in the tomb and rested on this holy Sabbath: give us grace to await with him the coming of the third day, and rise with him into newness of life.  Amen. (Venite by Robert Benson)

Scripture: John 19:38-42

Journal: What does it feel like to sit between death and resurrection?  How is that place descriptive of your life these days?  Where are you living between death and resurrection? 

Reflection: The more we lack everything the more we resemble Jesus crucified.  The more we cling to the cross, the closer do we embrace Jesus who is nailed to it.  Every cross is a gain, for every cross unites us to Jesus. ~Charles de Foucauld

Prayers

Closing Prayer: In you, O Lord, do I take refuge; let me never be put to shame; in your righteousness deliver me!  Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily!  Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me!  For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me; you take me out of the net they have hidden for me, for you are my refuge.  Into your hand I commit my spirit; you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God. ~Psalm 34:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment