Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Sunday, March 15, 2015

messy, sunday

Sunday, March 15 (Fourth Sunday in Lent)

Opening Prayer: Thank you, O God, that you can take me, the mess that I am, and turn me, once again, into the beautiful masterpiece you intended for me to be.  Through Christ Jesus our Lord.  Amen.

Scripture: Ephesians 2:1-10 (NLT)

Journal: Write some this morning about the transformation in your heart and life, from being dead in sin, to being made alive in Christ.  What places within you still need to be raised to new life?  Where has God transformed you from mess to masterpiece?

Reflection:  

     unknotting

a big ball of yarn
knotted and snarled
looped and tangled
a big mess
this old self of mine

is it possible
to untangle this jumble
o you who
knit and wove me?
and what will it take?

time and space
room to loosen
and undo the knots
patience and perseverance
it is slow work
this unknotting

only your strong
and tender hands
can turn me
from mess
to masterpiece
once again

Prayers

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, continue to capture me with your great love and mercy.  Continue to transform my life, and restore me to the beautiful creation you originally dreamt me to be.  In your name and for your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment