Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, February 18, 2019

lie down

Opening Prayer: The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures. . . . (Psalm 23:1-2)

Scripture: Psalm 23:1-2

Journal: How does the Lord need to make you lie down these days?  Will you?  Why are you resistant?

Reflection: The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures. . . .” (Psalm 23:1-2)

In the midst of the frenzy of activity, he makes me lie down.
In the midst of my anxiety and insecurity, he makes me lie down.
In the midst of my earning and proving, he makes me lie down.
In the midst of me trying to do it by myself, he makes me lie down.
In the midst of the pressure and performing, he makes me lie down.
In the midst of trying to figure it all out, he makes me lie down.
In the midst of trying to please and impress everyone, he makes me lie down.
O Lord, make me lie down, body and soul, this day.  Amen.

Prayer

Closing Prayer: O Lord, make me lie down, body and soul, this day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment