Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, July 31, 2017

god alone

Opening Prayer: For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.  He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2, ESV)

Scripture: Psalm 62:1-12

Journal:  What do the words God alone stir up within you?  Why?

Reflection: When religion has said its last word, there is little that we need other than God Himself.  The evil habit of seeking God-and effectively prevents us from finding God in full revelation.  In the and lies our great woe.  If we omit the and we shall soon find God, and in Him we shall find that for which we have all our lives been secretly longing. —The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer

Prayer

Closing Prayer: For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is in him.  He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I will not be shaken.  On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. (Psalm 62:5-7, ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment