Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Saturday, March 11, 2017

logs and specks

Opening prayer: O God, heal me and make me whole, cleanse me and make me new inside, free me from all forms of comparison, and from trying to manage others’ perceptions of me.  Make me all yours.  Amen.

Scripture: Matthew 7:1-6

Journal:  What are your logs these days?  How do they keep you from seeing clearly?

Reflection:
Jesus: Do you want to know why you tend to see the speck rather than the log?
Me:  I'm not sure, but I'll bet you are going to tell me anyway.
Jesus:  I certainly am.  I love you too much not to.
Me: I was afraid you were going to say that.
Jesus:  The reason you see the speck rather than the log is because of your fear and
insecurity.  You have such an overwhelming need to be right, because somehow you think that being right proves to the world that you are worth loving.  You need to have your opinion valued and respected because you're worth and value are so tied to it.  When you begin to let go of that neediness, then I can begin to do a transforming work in your soul.  It is all a part of the process of growth and change.  Seeing the log rather than the speck is the beginning of that process.  That's because seeing the log in your own eye produces humility, and humility produces compassion.  And compassion is the best indicator that you have been truly and deeply marked by my love, which allows you, in turn, to truly love others.
Me:  Thank you for loving me that much!

Prayer

Closing Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to see the log rather than the speck.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment