Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, September 21, 2015

home, monday

Monday, September 21

Opening Prayer: Thank you, Lord Jesus, that one day you will make all things new.  Thank you that one day you will do away with sorrow and suffering and pain, and you yourself will dwell with us in joy for all eternity.  O how we long for that day.  O how we yearn to be home.  Come, Lord Jesus!  Amen.

Scripture: Revelation 21:1-7

Journal: What are you longing to have made new these days?  What will it be like when every tear is wiped away?  Where and how are you longing for home these days?  What do you imagine it to be?

Reflection:
 
     John says someday God will wipe away your tears.  The same hands that stretched the heavens will touch your cheeks.  The same hands that formed the mountains will caress your face.  The same hands that curled in agony as the Roman spike cut through will someday cup your face and brush away your tears. Forever….
     I'll be home soon.  The plane will land.  I'll walk down the ramp and hear my name and see my children’s faces.  I'll be home soon. You'll be home soon, too.  You may not have noticed it, but you are closer to home than ever before.  Each moment is a step taken.  Each breath is a page turned.  Each day is a mile marked, a mountain climbed.  You are closer to home than you've ever been.  Before you know it, your appointed arrival time will come; you'll descend the ramp and enter the City.  You'll see the faces that are waiting for you.  And, maybe, just maybe—in the back, behind the crowds—the One who would rather die than live without you will remove his pierced hands from his heavenly robe and applaud. (Applause of Heaven by Max Lucado)

Prayers

Closing Prayer: O Jesus, fountain of Eternal Life, your heart is a glowing furnace of Love.  You are my refuge and my sanctuary.  O my adorable and loving Savior, consume my heart with the burning fire with which yours is enflamed.  Pour out on my soul those graces which flow from your love.  Let my heart be united with yours.  Let my will be conformed to yours in all things.  May your will be the rule of all my desires and actions.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment