Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Monday, February 16, 2015

tears, monday

Monday, February 16

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.
          
Opening Prayer: O God. We give ourselves over to your care, trusting only in your infinite mercy and love.  We will continue to give thanks to you, O Lord, for all that we have and all that we are.  We will rest assured in the knowledge that when we cry to you in sadness or in joy you will hear our cry and make reply.  Amen. (A Guide to Prayer for All Who Walk with God by Rueben P. Job, Norman Shawchuck, and John Mogabgab)
                      
Scripture Reading for the Day: Psalm 56:8-13

Reading for Reflection:
 
The closest communion with God, I have begun to discover, comes through the shedding of my tears.  If grapes and grain are not crushed, there can be no wine and bread.  If my life is not crushed, there will not be the closest and most intimate communion with God. (Running on Empty by Fil Anderson)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself    
                      
Closing Prayer: O Lord my God, thank you that you keep track of all my sorrows.  That you have collected my tears in your bottle.  That you have recorded each one in your book.  And that all the tears I’ve shed cannot begin to compare with the ones you shed for me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment