Featured Post

the blue book is now available on amazon

Exciting news!   The Blue Book is now available on Amazon! And not only that, but it also has a bunch of new content!  I've been work...

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

prayer, wednesday

Wednesday, June 25

Come to Stillness: Take a few minutes to allow your mind and heart to be still before God.

Opening Prayer: Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of you.  You only know what I need.  You know me better than I know myself.  O Father, give to your child what he himself knows not how to ask.  Teach me to pray.  Pray yourself in me.
                                                                ~Archbishop Francois Fenelon

Scripture Reading for the Day: James 5:13-18

Reading for Reflection: Keep on beating the path of God’s door, because the one thing you can be sure of is that down the path you beat with even your most half-cocked and halting prayer the God you call upon will finally come, and even if he does not bring you the answer you want, he will bring you himself.  And maybe at the secret heart of all our prayers that is what we really are praying for.  (Wishful Thinking by Frederick Buechner)

Reflection and Listening: silent and written

Prayer: for the church, for others, for myself
             
Closing Prayer: O gracious and holy Father, give us wisdom to perceive You, intelligence to understand You, diligence to seek You, patience to wait for You, eyes to behold You, a heart to meditate on You, and a life to proclaim You, through the power of the Spirit of Jesus Christ our Lord.
 
                                                                  ~Benedict of Nursia

No comments:

Post a Comment